Monday, May 4, 2009

Memoirs Of A Corporate Prisoner

Dear Diary,

Today at work I was forced to the realization that it was my one year anniversary by my coworkers handing me a card congratulating me on surviving a full year of mindless servitude. I would have preferred to have been allowed to maintain my ignorance regarding the corporate job sentence that I am carrying out and haven’t even attempted to scratch tick marks into my cubicle wall I suppose the card was deemed necessary. After I pretended to read the “Congratulations, one year down and only 40 more to go!” reminder, I subject to being peer pressured into eating sugary confections that I do not enjoy. I call these fun little team building activities “conformity compliance checks ” since every member of management partakes in viewing the event to make sure that everyone is wearing their false smiles and sense of job satisfaction. After choking down an acceptable portion of the sugar laden punishment the spectators shuffled back to their cubicles and all was silent save the sound of keyboards being hammered upon. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

0 comments: